Provide an exceptional experience to each guest group that visits Winkler Bible Camp and to increase booking numbers through marketing and sales practices.Apply NowApply NowEmail Us
Job Title: Guest Group Manager
Reports to: Assistant Executive Director
Employment Status: Permanent Full-time
Location: Winkler, MB
Company Description: Winkler Bible Camp is a Christian Camp that exists to extend the Kingdom of God and is focused on children and youth. In addition to running a summer camp program for 2000+ campers, we also host outdoor education for school groups, company picnics & banquets, weddings, church retreats, and more! Through everything we do, we seek to bring glory to God and draw others closer to Him!
Job Purpose: Provide an exceptional experience to each guest group that visits Winkler Bible Camp and to increase booking numbers through marketing and sales practices.
Key Job Functions:
Oversee Administrative Processes
- Assist the guest group through the inquiry and booking process in a friendly and proficient manner.
- Oversee guest group schedule details, including but not limited to meals, activities, and staffing.
- Follow up with guest group contact for evaluation and feedback on their experience.
Team Training and Health
- Ensure staff are trained in all aspects of the guest group experience including activity safety, hosting duties, banquet serving, cleaning procedures, and more.
- Actively engage in creating a healthy work environment for staff through team building events, adequate time off, intentional encouragement, spiritual input, and more.
Collaborate across camp teams
- Facilitate strong communication between the various team leads as needed for guest groups, including maintenance, health & safety, marketing, front office, and food services.
- Participate in weekly all-staff meetings.
- Participate in all Winkler Bible Camp Fundraising events.
- Assist with general office duties as time allows and as needed while in the main office.
- Other requests as outlined by the Assistant Executive Director.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Personal values that match Winkler Bible Camps’ Core Values.
- Positive disposition and creative problem solver.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong sales skills, ability to recognize and meet customer needs proficiently.
- High level of attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead teams of people, directing them in a way that inspires them to follow you.
- Willingness to engage in customer or staff member conflicts with the goal of de-escalating the situation.
- Excellent time management skills and self-driven worker.
- Ability to work within the larger team of Winkler Bible Camp.
- Technological proficiency including using google calendar, google drive, email, task management apps (to do, trello), text messaging apps (whatsapp), etc.
- Previous office administration or sales experience.
- Flexible schedule in busy seasons, able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Physically healthy and able to be on your feet for up to 4 hours at a time while participating in camp activities and group hosting duties on site.
- Enjoy working with young adults as they learn and grow while participating in various site and maintenance tasks.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Winkler Bible Camp.